Copy-Cat Crushed Red 'This Pear is on Fire' Salad
spiced pears, dried cranberries, bacon, goat cheese, quinoa, candied walnuts with spinach, arugula, and leaf lettuce, tossed with habanero honey dressing
- Buying goat cheese in a log and crumbling it yourself is usually way cheaper. I freeze it about a half hour before crumbling and it's super easy to crumble. The unused portion of the log also freezes well for extended shelf-life.
- I bake bacon in the oven- it's way easier to clean up and no babysitting involved.
- For extra flavorful quinoa, cook it in chicken or veggie stock.
- I like to make the bacon and quinoa ahead a day or so before hand and use it in a few other meals. That way the salad comes together super quickly and I get multiple meals out of the dirty dishes. Win.
- The longer you let the dressing sit, the spicier it gets. While it lasts awhile in the fridge, by day 3 or 4 it's like whoa.